After much draping and sewing and draping and sewing and tracing of shoulders that fit...I completed the 2 major patterns today. The dress is a slamdunk. Except for stretching and/or slipping, it should be easy and accurate. ( I know, "Famous last words...")
The jacket took more time to get right. I finally got the shoulder right. I still don't know if I got the front facing correct. It is a self-liner for the turn back lapel and has a funny jog in the stitching to allow the turn back and some fancy decorative folds. Another muslin model is ahead for this. Currently, I think the final jackets will be wool flannel, which will do the ease really well.
WEARING MY AGE
I have received a grant from the Jerome Foundation to work on a project that I have called "Wearing My Age."