Today, Friday, was spent relearning everything. By noon, I did not think I knew anything about this software! So, I cooked a good lunch. Regrouped and began from the beginning. The top photo is very interesting, but it broke a needle. Somehow, in building the image from little parts ( todays time consuming strategy) I managed to stack up layer upon layer of stitching on ONE leaf of the leaf sprays. The machine was stitching and stitching and stitching, backwards and forwards, over and over again. I knew I was cruisin' for a bruisin'! That single leaf was about 1/4" high. Just as I decided to reach for the off button, the needle bent and the machine stopped, buzzing its safety stop buzz. Sigh. But I really wanted to get the text stitched. So I cut away what I could and manually made the computer program in the sewing machine skip hundreds of stitches. I actually like the syncopated look of uber-dense versus the netting of the underlay. Now if I can just do that intentionally without broken needles!
The final photo is a sample neckline, built from an illustrator file and modified in Tru Embroidery. Terrified of breaking needles and injured machines, I did not get the stitches close enough together. But it did stitch well.
Onward. Taking notes so I might remember what I did when I did it! Watching as many videos as I can find. Each one teaches me at least one key idea. SO it is worth the time.
WEARING MY AGE
I have received a grant from the Jerome Foundation to work on a project that I have called "Wearing My Age."